The Friends of The Malahat Launch Party: January 23
Friends of The Malahat
Join us as we celebrate the launch of The Friends of The Malahat, a group to bring together lovers of the written word in the Victoria area. We will launch our Winter 2009 issue (#169) the same night.
Issue #169 Launch Party: Saturday, Jan. 23, 2010
Winter, 2009 Issue (#169) Launch Party
7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
At The Orange Hall
1620 Fernwood Road, Victoria
Come hear talented Victoria-area writers appearing in our Fall and Winter 2009 issues read from their contributions:
- Bill Gaston, author of “Petterick,” which will appear in our Winter 2009 issue
- Eliza Robertson, author of “Ship’s Log”, winner of our 2009 Far Horizons Award for Fiction
- Allison Blythe, author of two poems: “And the Loons to Haunt and Dive,” and “Something Other”
- Brett Josef Grubisic, author of “The Contender” which will appear in our Winter 2009 issue
- Anne Marie Turza, author of the poem “Anthem for a Small Country,” which appeared in our Fall 2009 issue.
The event will also feature:
- A “literary” silent auction for items such as:
- A selection of chapbooks by Frog Hollow Press
- A signed book by Carol Shields
- A signed book by Al Purdy
- A poem by Linda Rogers to mark the occasion
- Robin Skelton’s original Malahat typewriter
- A selection of special issues of The Malahat Review
- A book sale
- Music from the group Banquo
Admission is free, all are welcome.
Stay tuned to the website and our facebook site for more details on auction items and the Friends group.